Training by Richard Cadena
ETCP Recognized Trainer/Certified Entertainment Electrician
Entertainment Electrics Resources 2023
If you are preparing to become an ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician or an ETCP Certified Portable Power Distribution Technician:
•Read the ETCP Entertainment Electrician Candidate’s Handbook or the Portable Power Distribution Technician Candidate's Handbook, and pay close attention to the Content Outline
•Take an ETCP practice test. It costs $40 and it’s a great investment if you are planning to take the real exam. The money goes to the ESTA Foundation to offset the very high cost of developing the practice exam.
•If you are taking the ETCP certification exam for the second or third time, I created an online resource to help people do better on the exam the second or third time they take it. I recommend that you spend some time going through it.
If you are interested in evaluating your skills and knowledge related to entertainment electrics, I developed a free evaluation quiz to help you figure out your strengths and weaknesses. The idea is to use the results of this quiz to help you focus on those areas where you need help.
· Electricity for Entertainment Electricians & Technicians, 3rd Edition, by Richard Cadena
· Set Lighting Technician’s Handbook, 5th Edition, by Harry Box
· Rock Solid Ethernet, 3rd Edition, by Wayne Howell
· Automated Lighting: The Art and Science of Moving and Color-Changing Light, 3rd Edition by Richard Cadena
· Light Bytes: Inside Art-Net and sACN, by Wayne Howell
· NFPA 70: National Electrical Code Note: Focus on Articles 520 and 530. You should be able to read through both in one or two sittings.
· Soare’s Book on Grounding and Bonding 2020
· Show Networks and Control Systems, 2nd Edition by John Huntington
· Overcurrents and Undercurrents: All About GFCIs, AFCIs, and Similar Devices, by Earl W. Roberts
· Lighting & Sound International
· Electrical Construction & Maintenance
· Technopolis: The World of Live Event Production
· What is any number divided by 0?
Resources for Audio and Video Technicians
· Audio Transformers by Bill Whitlock
· Audio Troubleshooting Guide by Bill Whitlock
· Ground Loops: The Rest of the Story by Bill Whitlock and Jamie Fox
· Power Distribution and Grounding of Audio, Video, and Telecommunications Equipment White Paper - Middle Atlantic
Resources for Riggers
To Train or Not To Train by Tom Stimson
No One Builds a Great Business by Cutting Corners
Employees are your greatest asset — isn’t that what your website says? I have discovered that there are three key obstacles to training and they all rest with management.
To continue reading, click here.